All employees of Bowling Green City Schools were invited to complete an anonymous Employee Satisfaction Survey in October 2014. Results indicate some of the highest level of satisfaction since the survey data baseline was established in 2006.
Every other year since 2006, an Employee Satisfaction Survey has been administered in Bowling Green City Schools by the Kentucky School Boards Association. Survey questions are developed and reviewed by a district committee of individuals representing all role groups within the district. Data is collected and sorted by KSBA then shared with the committee and district administrators.
Approximately half of all employees completed the survey in 2014 and a summary of the results was shared at the Board of Education meeting on December 8, 2014. Results have also been shared with the District Leadership Team and school principals.
To maintain anonymity, results of the survey are provided by KSBA and data may not be sorted by Bowling Green City Schools. The district receives reports only by district, by school or building, and a total district report for all certified employees and all classified employees.
Highlights of the Employee Satisfaction Survey:
- My immediate supervisor trusts me: 100% Strongly Agree / Agree
- Satisfaction with the Superintendent: 99.67% Strongly Agree / Agree
- Satisfaction with the Board of Education: 99.68% Strongly agree / Agree
- I get along with my supervisor: 99.03% Strongly Agree / Agree
- I get along with my coworkers: 98.38% Strongly Agree / Agree
- I have support from the Central Office: 99.02% Strongly Agree / Agree
- My job makes good use of skills/abilities: 98.38% Strongly Agree / Agree
- Strong instructional programming is a priority: 98.35% Always / Usually
- Workday added to opening of ’14-’15 year: 89.08% Strongly Agree / Agree
- My work gives me afeeling of accomplishment: 98.05% Strongly Agree / Agree
- I feel informed about the District: 98.05% Strongly Agree / Agree
- Overall job satisfaction: 97.73% Very Satisfied / Satisfied
- Comparing BGISD to other districts: 97.39% Very Good / Good
- Recognition from co-workers: 76.37% (>’12) Very Satisfied / Satisfied
- Recognition from Central Office: 72.32% (>’06) Very Satisfied / Satisfied
- Recognition from supervisor: 80.72% (>’06) Very Satisfied / Satisfied
- Principal as instructional leader: 79.27% (>’12) Very Satisfied / Satisfied
- Workplace morale: 77.67% Very Good / Good (>’12)
- Fair salary: 71.66% Strongly Agree / Agree
- The Professional Growth & Effectiveness System (PGES) positively impacted morale: 36.14% Strongly Agree / Agree
- Overall morale of District: 90.13% Very Good / Good
- PGES has increased workload: 91.50% Strongly Agree / Agree
- I have a manageable workload: 89.29% Strongly Agree / Agree