Kentucky has been approved by the USDA to provide Round 3 of P-EBT benefits to all eligible students to cover the period of October 2020 through May 2021. All BGISD students are eligible for this benefit of $6.82 per day. P-EBT stimulus payments will begin the week of March 15, 2021.
How much will eligible students receive?
- The daily benefit amount is $6.82.
- Students that are primarily enrolled in a school that is predominantly VIRTUAL will receive 20 days of benefits for the month.
- Students that are primarily enrolled in a school that is predominantly HYBRID will receive 12 days of benefits for the month.
- Students that are primarily enrolled in a school that is predominantly IN-PERSON are not eligible for any benefits for the month.
- Note: The predominant instructional model will be defined by the school district.
- The first allotment of benefits will cover October through February. Benefits for March through June will then be issued retroactively on a monthly basis by the 25th calendar day of the following month.
- Example: A student at a school that has been predominantly virtual since October will receive $682 to cover the period of October through February (5 months, 20 days per month, at $6.82 per day). They will then receive $136.40 ($6.82 x 20 days) or $81.84 ($6.82 x 12 days) monthly for March through the end of the school year based on the predominant learning model at their school for each specific month.
How will students receive the benefit?
- All benefits will automatically be provided to the student’s previous P-EBT card for August and September unless they currently receive SNAP, where the benefit will then be added to their current SNAP benefit card instead.
- Families can simply request a replacement card if they no longer have the previous card.
- Newly enrolled students that did not receive the August and September benefit cards will be automatically mailed a new card.
How will eligibility and benefit amount corrections be made?
- CHFS will be providing a reconsideration request process for families. A request may be made by calling 1-855-306-8959. Families will be asked to provide proof of the discrepancy.
How to prepare to ensure families get support for their P-EBT related questions?
- Visit the CHFS P-EBT webpage for FAQs and share program information with everyone involved.
- All questions should be directed to 1-855-306-8959, including reconsideration requests.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
PEBT Frequently Asked Questions