BGISD Elementary Schools
More information coming soon!
An online form will be available beginning May 3, 2021, for families planning to enroll in kindergarten, beginning August 2021. Eligible students are five years old on or by August 1st and either live within the BGISD boundaries, or have been notified of eligibility to enroll through the nonresident process.
PETITION FOR EARLY ENROLLMENT:
Parents/Guardians of children born after August 1, 2016, AND before October 1, 2016, planning to enroll in kindergarten for the 2021 - 22 school year must complete a Kindergarten Readiness screening process. As part of pre-registration that begins May 3rd, a form link will be provided to begin this the screening process.
Families with non-resident applications received by April 15, 2021, will be notified of their status after the non-resident drawing is held on Thursday, April 27th.
Priority of non-resident enrollment is based on the following:
- Nonresident students currently attending BGISD (current students do not need to reapply);
- BGISD students who become WCPS residents on or before April 15 of the current school year;
- Siblings of current nonresident students who apply for admission by April 15;
- Admission of the remaining nonresident students shall be based on the following process:
- 60% of the remaining open positions shall be filled with incoming kindergarten applicants in order of the date applications received; and
- 40% of the remaining open positions shall be filled by students in grades K through 12 through random drawing from all applicants. (Siblings of students selected shall also be permitted to attend BGISD.)
More information here: https://www.bgreen.kyschools.us/Content2/nonresidentapp